5 of Namibia's Biggest Moments
Anyone who lives in Namibia will know that despite it's small size, Namibia has a lot going on. Sometimes there are really big, happy moments. Other times there are downright tragic moments. This is a look at some of those moments.
5. Angry Elephant Flips Mother Hippo at Erindi Private Game Reserve
4. Ebola Scare causes plane to be put under quarantine
There was an ebola scare at Hosea Kutako International Airport, Windhoek. Luckily, it turned out to only be an allergic reaction to shellfish. (Source)
3. Brumhilda Ochs is chosen as Miss Namibia 2014
Medical student Brumhilda Ochs was crowned Miss Namibia 2014 in Windhoek. She will be representing Namibia in Miss World on the 14th of December. (Source)
2. Namibians protest the ban of wearing mini-skirts
That's right, early in 2013 they thought it might be a good idea to ban mini-skirts. The public didn't agree and a peaceful protest practically made the matter disappear overnight. This one also comes with a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLB90GrsRXI
1. Death of beloved photographer, Paul van Schalkwyk
Paul van Schalkwyk, a beloved Namibian photographer and businessman, died when he crashed the light aircraft he was flying. (Source) -- Are there any other big Namibian moments we missed?